I don’t often recommend movies, but I cannot recommend this movie enough. This story is truly a modern day Hero’s Journey: The Theory of Everything. It is the story of Jane and Steven Hawking, one of the greatest physicists in history. Their triumphant lives exemplify living into happiness, regardless of what ‘life’ throws at you. When you watch The Theory of Everything, you will see the 7 Habits of Happiness thoroughly lived.
1. Curiosity – Live Life asking the question, “What else can this mean?” The world unfolds before each of us moment by moment, revealing astonishing secrets to those with eyes to see. Those with eyes to see, ask.
2. Present Orientation – Living each day as if it is your last – Mindfulness. Know when to disconnect so that you can connect, heart to heart, mind to mind, soul to soul. Be present to the wonder of all that transpires, and, be thankful for it all.
3. Resilience – Probably the single most important characteristic in overcoming what appears to be adversity is the ability to bounce back. Knowing that ‘this’, whatever ‘this’ is, is only temporary gives strength and courage. Live knowing that ‘This too shall pass’.
4. A great sense of humor – Laugh at self and the world. Being the observer of your own life provides sufficient material for 10,000 comedians to achieve the status of a Robin Williams or a Jonathan Winters. The gift of laughter at the absurdity of taking yourself and your circumstances too seriously wins the day, every time.
5. Acceptance. Acceptance is not resignation. It is the recognition of what is so that if you desire something else, you know where you are on the map. Maps are useless without this knowledge, and it is the first step in transforming current conditions into that which you desire.
6. Persistence. Never give up striving towards fulfilling the purpose and passion of your life. You were put here to express it, and if you give up, your unique contribution to God’s Creation is lost.
7. Future Orientation – What’s next? After achieving your dreams, reaching your goals, you have arrived at the starting point of your next great adventure. How else can your curiosity express itself? And with this, you have come full circle, entering into an ever rising spiral moving upward to eternity.
Can you ever be a success if you are unhappy? I think not. But how does one develop Happiness Habits? The same way you acquire any other habit. Practice. Mastering the 7 Habits of Happiness requires practice, and an environment that encourages and fosters successful living. The Master Keys provides just such an experience for those willing to do the work. What’s Happiness worth to you? Maybe a six month adventure is just what your heart desires. There are Pay-It-Forward Scholarships waiting to be awarded! Put yourself in line for one of them by leaving your name and email below. When you do, you will have begun your Hero’s Journey into Happiness and Success.