If the wing of a butterfly as it moves across a field in South America affects the air currents on the entire planet, what do you think the focused attention of 300 people can accomplish in transforming the world into a kinder, gentler place?
The practice of kindness enriches us, enlivens, us, and results in happiness. Each act of kindness has a ripple effect, and we really have no way of knowing how many lives each random act of kindness has in the world.
There is a sweetness in life when lived in the experience and energy of loving-kindness. And who doesn’t like sweet?
So, to sweeten your life, here are your 10 Habits of Kindness:
- Kind People Send flowers, chocolates, cookies, cards. In today’s ‘electronic world’, the human touch is looking like a candidate for the Endangered Species List! Touch someone’s heart today.
- Kind People Live Scroll Two: Choose to greet the day with love in your heart, and then give that love away in the form of heart-felt appreciation of another. Compliment someone. Offer deserved praise for a job well done, or a kind word spoken.
- Kind People Practice Compassion. Practice Rule Number Five. Honey, it’s not about you. When you are dealing with someone who is being the north end of a south bound horse, it’s about them. What can you say to make a difference? Sometimes, the simple act of acknowledging that another person is having a difficult time frees them to remember who they really are.
- Kind People Kick Up An Attitude of Gratitude! Who has made a difference in your life? Find them. Call them. Write them a Thank You Note. Let them know the difference they made in you, and how much you appreciate them for doing so.
- Kind People Are Shocking! Walk into the local post office, police station, fire station, or sheriff’s office and thank the men and women there for their service to the community.
Want to really shock them? Bring donuts and coffee.
- Kind People Are Engaging. Speak to the folks you encounter during the day. All those clerks, sales people, service workers, teachers, janitors, garbage collectors, cleaning ladies, gardeners…..they all have names. Stop long enough to find out what their name is, and talk with them. Let them know they are seen, and heard, and worth seeing and being heard.
- Kind People Become Fairy God Mothers: Seriously, folks. Consider making a child’s wish come true. The Make-A-Wish Foundation gives you numerous levels and manners of giving a child the desires of their heart. Check it out for the ultimate feel-good experience.
- Kind People Become Selfish! Selfish is a good thing. It has nothing to do with being self-centered. It has everything to do with being a centered self, someone who has done the work, knows who they are, what they want, and when and where they are going. They are free to love, to laugh, to rejoice in being alive because they do not need the approval of others. They are Self-Actualized and Self-Directed. The Master Keys will do that for you, if you do the work. It’s the Ultimate Act of Kindness to You, and to everyone you know.
- Kind People are Polite: Please and Thank You are ALWAYS fashionable. So strut your ‘Miss Manners’ best and watch what happens! Guarantee you’ll love the results!
- Kind People are Generous: Mark J is the epitome of this one. This man gives away more skills than Carter has pills. Authentic kindness kills fear, stinginess, stress, anxiety, and trusts that the Law of Reaping and Sowing is true. They freely give what they have, knowing that the more they give, the more they will receive. It’s a beautiful thing.
Why not start right now?
Be KIND, and leave a comment.
Be Generous, and Share.
Be Selfish, and leave your name and email below!
You’ll receive the 7 Day Mental Diet as my free gift to you and be placed in the cue for the next Master Key Master Mind course which starts in September. See you there!!!!